Who Are we?
The Mission of the Social Justice Collective at Millersville University is to provide a safe space for educators to share their lived experiences and to network with other educators in an effort to support social justice for all people. We envision a world where we embed social justice curriculum at all academic levels.
Guidelines for Engagement in Workshops and Affinity Groups:
- We commit to creating a safe space for all people to honestly share their lived experiences.
- We commit to supporting each other in our social justice journey, recognizing that we can be at varying levels of the process.
- We commit to sharing resources to help each other create socially just classrooms in the Commonwealth and beyond.
- We commit to being change agents who are part of the solution and not part of the problem. #IPledgeToBeBetter
Our Core Values
The Social Justice Collective at Millersville University values the Learning for Justice Social Justice Standards
- Identity Anchor Standards
- Diversity Anchor Standards
- Justice Anchor Standards
- Action Anchor Standards
Affinity groups are formed around a shared identity or common goal to build community among members of underrepresented/underserved groups and to foster inclusion and awareness in the broader university. Click here to read Millersville’s statement on affinity groups.